Cardamom/Elaichi (الایچی) also known as True Cardamom and Elettaria Cardamomum, is native to the evergreen forests of India. It has a unique and pleasant fragrance. This spice is commonly used in Indian cuisine, but it has also used in treatment of various ailments.
Ingredient Name :
Elettaria cardamomum Maton.
Arabic Name : Haal, Habb al-haal, Qaaqulla Sagheer, Khayr Buwwa
Bengali Name : Chot Elaich
English Name : Cardamom
French Name : Amome Vrai, Cardamome
German Name : Kardamom, Malabarcardamom
Gujarati Name : Elaichi, Elayachi
Hindi Name : Chhoti Elaichi
Kannada Name : Elakki, Yelakki
Kashmiri Name : Niche Aeala, Sabz Aeala
Latin name : Elettaria cardamomum Maton.
Marathi Name : Bareek Veldode, Lahanveldoda, Velchi, Elchi
Persian Name : Heel Khurd, Haal
Punjabi Name : Illachi, Chhoti Ilachi
Sanskrit Name : Ela, Truti
Urdu Name : Elaichi Khurd, Heel Khurd
250 mg to 1 g powder.
This herb has no known warnings or contraindications. However, excessive use may lead to impotency.
It is used to treat
- Digestive problems.
- Gas trouble
- Loss of appetite
- It helps the body eliminate waste through the kidneys and helps clean out the urinary tract and bladder
- It works as mouth freshener alsoused for mouth ulcers and infections of the mouth and throat.
- It fights against depression.
- It help prevent and relieve cold and flu symptoms. It’s also used for bronchitis and coughs.
- As a diuretic and fiber rich spice, cardamom significantly lowers blood pressure.
- Cardamom prevents dangerous blood clots by preventing platelet aggregation and the sticking to the artery walls.
- The volatile essential oils in cardamom inhibit the growth of viruses, bacteria, fungus, and mold.
- Cardamom has some anti-inflammatory properties that limit pain and swelling, especially in mucus membranes, the mouth, and throat.
- Cardamom can help get rid of hiccups. This also applies to other involuntary muscle spasms, like stomach and intestinal cramps.
- Cardamom is a powerful aphrodisiac that can help with erectile dysfunction and impotence.
- It improves Complexion
- It can be used as an antiseptic to treat skin allergies
- Cardamom essential oil is often added to cosmetics that are applied to the lips such as lip balms to impart the taste of the oil and make them smooth.
- It provide nourishment to the scalp and hair folliclesalso prevent the scalp from infections and irritation and gives strength to the roots and make hairs shiny and healthy.
Precautions and Warnings:
Cardamom is LIKELY SAFE for most people when taken by mouth.
Avoid using cardamom in amounts greater than those typically found in food if you have gallstones. The cardamom seed can trigger gallstone colic (spasmodic pain).
Useful in Following diseases:
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Common Cold
- Erectile Dysfunction
- General Debility
- Halitosis (Bad Breath)
- Kidney Stone
- Lack of Appetite
- Liver Dysfunction
- Motion Sickness
- Persistent Infection due to Low Immunity
- Premature Ejaculation
- Sexual Debility
- Weakness of Heart
This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease